Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vacances, vacances, j'adore la Provence

I'm a very lucky girl. I get to hang out here every summer. There is so much to say about Provence but I'm not writing a travel brochure. Just acknowledging my gratitude that this is a place I know and love and am able to spend time in.


I haven't wanted to spend much time on the computer, it seems such a waste when there is this scenery to enjoy. But I want to capture a little of it while I'm still here, before I go home to winter rain. I want to take these vast vistas of sunshine and cicadas, cherry trees, wheatfields and cypress-bordered fields that run as far as the eye can see, and store them up inside my happy place.

One of my new discoveries, well possibly not new, but it's the first time I've been able to articulate the idea, is that these vast expenses of space create space in my mind. I can think better here, think further and deeper. Oh, I do love to think. It is a wonderful thing to feel my mind stretching in new directions. Much of my thinking these last few days stems from Power & Love by Adam Kahane about solving tough social and organizational problems. One of the concepts that resonated strongly with me is that I want to put myself in situations that change my understanding of what is possible in the world and those that change my understanding of what is possible for me. Mmmm. I'm going to write that big so I can ponder it some more:


I WANT TO PUT MYSELF IN SITUATIONS THAT CHANGE MY UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS POSSIBLE IN THE WORLD AND THOSE THAT CHANGE MY UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IS POSSIBLE FOR ME.

No comments: