Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 2 Risk Looking Like a Fool for Love

Following last week's reply to the Invitation, I felt like adding this update.

It's a lousy photo I know! But that’s me RISKING LOOKING LIKE A FOOL FOR LOVE.

I’m standing next to the man I love, in a bar at 1am in the middle of the week singing an Elton John song as a duet to an audience of 5 people.

There were bits that sounded ok.

There were bits that sounded awful.

And I loved every minute of it.

I think mostly I loved the fact I've found someone who'll do stuff with me. Someone who, when I say "I'd like to sing a karaoke duet!" or "I'd like to write a book!" or "Change careers!" "Move house!" "Bake a souffle!" "Go bowling!" "Watch 4 episodes of Grey's Anatomy and cry my eyes out!" or "Save this refugee" or "Change the world!"...

smiles and says "cool, let's do it".

So now I can tell everybody

That this is Our Song.

It may be quite simple, but now that it’s done.

I hope you don’t mind,

I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words,

How wonderful life is while you’re in the world.

No comments: